The Committee is mandated to organize a meeting of the County Secretaries from the 47 Counties within 30 days of the agreement on the date of the next Summit meeting as provided for by IGR Act, 2012, article 12 (c). The Intergovernmental Relations Act provides that the Intergovernmental Relations Technical Committee (IGRTC) holds a meeting with the County Secretaries before every summit meeting in order to identify issues that affect the relationship between the two levels of government and which need to be reported to the Summit and the Council of governors for deliberations and direction.
The IGTRC convened the first meeting of forty seven county secretaries on 28th October 2015 at Safari Park Hotel Nairobi to;
- Share experiences in the implementation of devolution.
- Identify challenges that may have slowed county governments in delivery of service.
- Explore ways that IGRTC was to assist in addressing the challenges identified.
- Provide a forum for networking and
- Introduce the members of IGRTC to County Secretaries